The Rt Revd Ernest Burgmann, Bishop, laid the foundation stone of the Church Hall in May 1957. The hall was designed by architects Hocking and Warren in June 1955. Left: Bishop Burgmann, Ted Buckle. Right: Clergy: Gordon Arthur, Ted Buckle and Bishop Burgmann; laymen: David Reid (front), Fred Pooler(?).
Left: St Philip's CEBS (Church of England Boys' Society) provided a guard of honour.
Right: The hall in the late 1950s. Our thanks to Dave Pfister, who took this photo as a boy.